Sunday, July 25, 2010

ladder


All I have is what I got,
and the power of the heart and mind,
who knows about the road ahead,
or just what I'll find.








"So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, "Let me go, for it is daybreak."
But Jacob replied, "I will not let you go unless you bless me."
The man asked him, "What is your name?"
"Jacob," he answered.
Then the man said,
"Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel,
because you have struggled with God and with men and have overcome."

-Genesis 32:24-28

3 comments:

Brother Ollie said...

Jacob and Job - fine wrestlers.

Square Corner said...

Got post. Brief and too the point. Sounds like early UFC. A bit more powerful than what Dana White could come up with, I'm sure. If you check out the comments section on my latest post, you will see I have another follower. A young chick from the UK. Man, if I took this poetry thing on tour, I'd have to fight 'em off with a stick. You gotta to put the Follow banner up. It seems to work. Just wish they lived within a hundred miles of the city.

Fisheye Lens said...

put God in a suplex, will ya?