Wednesday, July 21, 2010

ice maker


On these warm summer days,
I make alot of ice,
no AC...so I make alot of ice,
I put ice in my whiskey,
and whiskey in my coffee,
I put ice in a bag and put it on my knee,
a little ice for the nag of an old injury,
in the hot afternoon sun,
I shuffle down to the One Lucky,
step in only to have old Beer Mugs tell me that the ice maker's broken,
"Broken? Your jokin'!" I yell,
"He's anything but," a drunken Tortelli replies from his barstool,
his busted up fists still red and scabbed from a fight the night before,
"You want me to drink whiskey neat on a day like this? How the hell am I supposed to cool off?" I protest,
"Why don't you ask her" Beer Mugs says pointing to a nasty but hot lookin' broad in the corner of the room, champagne eyes and tattooed legs that went on for days,
"Ain't that French's girl?" I ask quietly,
"Nah, not anymore she ain't...take a run at 'er." Beer Mugs replies,
13 highballs and a plate of 50 suicide wings later, I'm back at her place filling her bathtub with bags of ice while she slips into something more comfortable,
I jump out of my jeans and slide into the ice bath,
I hear her coming, "Close your eyes honey..I made this bath real special for us." I say,
"Ok...I dunno..." she replies,
She enters the bathroom slowly, eyes closed in just a kimono,
"Yah just drop that robe down honey and slide in." I suggest,
She says giggling, "ohhhh kayyy...."
As soon as her soft white skin hits the ice water she jumps out with a shriek,
"You bastard!" she shouts.
"You're a freak...a real freak you know that!?" she yells picking up her robe and slamming the door on her way out.
"I guess I sort of 'am honey! Hey listen, if I hurt ya, just put a little ice on it!" I shout.
Chuckling to myself I slide farther down into the ice bath...
"Ooooo baby... that's cold." I say quietly... taking greedy puffs on my cigar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the Kimono babe...be careful - French has mentioned her. He was on my porch once with a cold steak on a shiner she'd given him.

Old Ollie

Square Corner said...

Dox, you honour us with your genius. Fine post. Bukowski is proud, wherever he might be.

Fisheye Lens said...

a Tony Montana moment ... a real cock-e-roach

Fisheye Lens said...

a Tony Montana moment ... a real cock-e-roach